Wilmington DE Real Estate Sales
Wilmington Delaware Real Estate Listings for Townhomes, Condos and Homes
Located along the Delaware River, Wilmington is the largest cities in the state. Built on the site of Fort Christina, the first Swedish settlement in North America, Wellington lies at the confluence of the Christina River and Brandywine Creek where it flows into the Delaware River. It is the county seat of New Castle and the major city of the Delaware Valley Metro area.
Wilmington is home to just over 70,000 residents and you'll find a variety of single-family homes, condominiums, duplexes, townhouses, and a few high and midrise buildings. From commercial and industrial employment to local shops and fantastic restaurants, there are endless amenities and services in Wilmington, plus you're just an hour from Philadelphia and a little over an hour to Baltimore.
Locals say that Wilmington has some of the nicest folks and experiences ever imaginable. with more culture and diversity than you might expect, you'll find unique food, museums, galleries, and shops and simply love the amazing schools, affordability, and job market.
Included below are homes, condos, townhomes and real estate for Sale in Wilmington, DE.
Bringing Buyers and Sellers of Wilmington DE Real Estate together Since 2002.
Selling? CALL Jeffrey Fowler Group (d) 302.727.3013
See how much MONEY YOU SAVE LISTING your Wilmington DE property WITH US!
Contact Jeffrey Fowler Group for information on any of these Wilmington real estate listings, or click on a property to view the property details. There you can get additional information, schedule a property tour and request disclosures, property sales history including recently sold properties. Contact Us and let us know how we can help!
Feel free to register for a free account to receive email alerts whenever new Wilmington homes, condos, townhomes real estate listings come on the market that match your specific criteria.
The accuracy of all information, regardless of source, including but not limited to open house information, square footages and lot sizes, is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be personally verified through personal inspection by and/or with the appropriate professionals. The data contained herein is copyrighted by Bright MLS and is protected by all applicable copyright laws. Any unauthorized dissemination of this information is in violation of copyright laws and is strictly prohibited.
Copyright 2023 Bright MLS. All rights reserved.
Houses for Sale in Wilmington DE
Living In Wilmington
Welcome to Wilmington, Delaware, a city that beautifully balances the charms of urban living with the comfort of suburban tranquility. Nestled midway between the bustling metropolises of Philadelphia and Baltimore, this vibrant city offers a unique blend of opportunities for residents. Whether you're seeking the excitement of a thriving urban center or the peacefulness of suburban neighborhoods, Wilmington has something to offer everyone. Discover the rich cultural heritage, robust employment prospects, and a strong sense of community that makes living in Wilmington an enticing choice.
Wilmington is the largest city in Delaware. This is a busy city but not overly crowded. In Wilmington, you are close to the beautiful Brandywine and Christina Rivers. Wilmington is a gorgeous city that is walkable and full of places to shop, eat, and enjoy entertainment. There is a lot of history in this area and as a result, those who love art have much to enjoy. Living in Wilmington offers you a more affordable place to live than other cities nearby. One of the most popular places in Wilmington is Brandywine Park. This park has trails, gardens, a sports stadium, and a zoo. With all of the growth in this area, homeowners are quickly adding Wilmington to their search list.
Things to Do in Wilmington
Wilmington, Delaware offers a variety of attractions and activities that cater to diverse interests. Here are some things to do in Wilmington:
- Visit the Hagley Museum and Library: Explore the birthplace of the DuPont Company and delve into Delaware's industrial history. The museum features restored mills, gardens, and exhibits showcasing early American industry.
- Explore the Nemours Estate: Step into the opulent world of the late industrialist Alfred I. du Pont at this magnificent mansion. Admire the French-style gardens, tour the ornate rooms, and learn about the du Pont family legacy.
- Stroll through Longwood Gardens: Just a short drive from Wilmington, Longwood Gardens is a horticultural paradise. Experience stunning displays of flowers, fountains, and conservatories spread across 1,100 acres of meticulously manicured landscapes.
- Discover art at the Delaware Art Museum: This museum showcases a diverse collection of American art, including works by renowned artists such as Howard Pyle and John Sloan. It also features a beautiful sculpture garden.
- Explore the Delaware Museum of Natural History: Engage with the natural world through fascinating exhibits on dinosaurs, wildlife, and ecosystems. The museum offers interactive displays and educational programs for all ages.
- Enjoy the Riverfront: Wilmington's Riverfront is a lively area with a scenic promenade, restaurants, shops, and entertainment venues. Take a walk along the river, catch a show at the Delaware Theater Company, or dine at one of the waterfront restaurants.
- Attend a performance at the Grand Opera House: This historic venue hosts a wide range of performances, including Broadway shows, concerts, comedy acts, and ballets. Immerse yourself in the arts and enjoy world-class entertainment.
- Take a trip to the Delaware Children's Museum: Perfect for families, this interactive museum offers hands-on exhibits and educational programs that spark curiosity and creativity in children of all ages.
- Explore the Wilmington and Western Railroad: Embark on a scenic journey through Delaware's countryside aboard a historic steam or diesel locomotive. Enjoy the picturesque views and learn about the region's railroad history.
- Indulge in local cuisine and craft beer: Wilmington boasts a thriving culinary scene with a variety of restaurants and breweries. Sample delicious seafood, farm-to-table dishes, and savor locally brewed beers.
These are just a few examples of the many activities and attractions available in Wilmington. The city offers a diverse range of experiences that cater to different interests, making it an engaging place to live or visit.
Wilmington is full of things to do. This area is known as the capital of the corporate world. Wilmington is home to the Delaware Museum of Natural History, the Delaware Art Museum, and nine different historic districts that each bring a certain spice to the city. If you are interested in enjoying the water, there are waterfront walks along the Delaware and Christina Rivers. For those that love checking out the food scene, Wilmington has a lot to offer and a variety of cuisine.
The Wilmington School District, officially known as the Christina School District, serves the city of Wilmington, Delaware. The Wilmington School District, within the larger Christina School District, is one of the largest and most diverse school districts in the state. It covers a significant portion of Wilmington, as well as parts of Newark and Bear.
Wilmington Real Estate
If you are looking to purchase a home in Wilmington, you will be happy to know that there is a wide variety of home types and styles. In Wilmington, you can find single-family homes, multi-family homes, historical homes, and even vacant land. If you are looking for a historical home, then you will want to check out the Quaker Hill Historic District. Some of the more popular neighborhoods are Barnyard Boulevard and The Hedgesville. With all of the opportunities and popularity of Wilmington, you may be surprised that it is also a more affordable area in Delaware.
The real estate market in Wilmington offers a diverse range of housing options, accommodating various preferences and budgets. Homebuyers can choose from historic homes, townhouses, apartments, and modern single-family houses, reflecting the city's rich architectural heritage with styles like Victorian, Colonial, and Tudor. Wilmington's neighborhoods each have their unique character, such as Trolley Square's historic homes and bustling dining scene, Brandywine Village's affordable housing market, or elegant homes with river views in the Highlands. The city's cost of living is relatively affordable compared to nearby metropolitan areas, although prices can vary depending on the neighborhood and property type.
What Locals Say about Wilmington
”I love living in Wilmington, it is a beautiful city, with many opportunities for education and employment. There are parochial, charter, public, and private schools in the city of Wilmington, so every child has access to high-quality education. Wilmington also has beautiful parks like Alapocas; where many teenagers go swimming, Brandywine creek; the perfect place for a run, and Rockford; which is the perfect place to go sledding or go to an outdoor concert on a summer evening. There are also many local restaurants and shops within walking distance of many houses in the city of Wilmington.”-Niche
If you're interested in learning more about Wilmington or any of the other waterfront properties, luxury homes, golf course homes, or condominiums in Sussex County, Delaware, feel free to contact our office at any time. Our team of real estate experts is knowledgeable about the local market and can help you find the perfect home for your needs and budget. Whether you're looking for a vacation home or a permanent residence, we can guide you through the process of buying real estate in Wilmington and make your dream of owning a beachfront property a reality.