Buying a Home in Kent County — Delaware Community

Living in Kent County offers residents and locals a low cost of living, no sales tax, and home prices that are more affordable when compared to other areas in the state. Kent is a short drive to the beach or the Baltimore/Washington International Airport. Many families and young professionals are drawn to Kent County. Kent County is the second-largest county in Delaware, with the lowest population of the three counties.

Buying a Home in Kent County — Delaware CommunityKent County Activities

Kent County is home to vast farmland and has 16 outdoor parks, including a waterpark in Felton. Historical sites and museums pepper the county such as The Biggs Museum, Delaware Agricultural Museumand a Colonial Market Square in Dover called The Green. There are many well-rounded events in the summer, such as the Firefly Music FestivalKent County has the pleasure of hosting two NASCAR races.

Kent County Real Estate

Located in Delaware with a population of 180,078, Kent County is home to many young professionals and families. The median home value in Kent County is $238,700, and the median rent is $1,150. Residents in the many towns and few cities of Kent County own their homes versus renting them; 30% rent their homes, while the other 70% own their homes. According to NicheKent is #3 of 3 "Best Counties for Families in Delaware" to live in.
Some of the top-rated towns in the county are the following:

  • Dover
  • Smyrna
  • Milford
  • Camden

Kent County Schools

The number one best school district in Kent County is Caesar Rodney School DistrictThe Caesar Rodney School District is responsible for the education of students living in a sect of Kent County. According to Nicheit is #7 of 16 "Best School Districts in Delaware." The Caesar Rodney School District focuses on helping students transition from elementary to high school while offering a balanced curriculum with opportunities for personal growth, with support services to prepare students for their future endeavors, whether that be higher education or entering the workforce.
Below are the following best schools in The Caesar Rodney School District servicing Kent County:

Elementary 

Middle 

High School 

Kent County Outdoor Recreation

Kent County sits in the middle of Delaware, along with Dover the state capital. The Delaware Bay separates Kent County from New Jersey, and while Delaware may be small, there is much to explore within its boundaries. For outdoorsy activities, go birding at Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refugeopen year-round for visitors to drive the 12-mile route through the wetlands and/or get out to walk along one of the 5 walking trails. Explore the history of Dover, DE on a tour of First State Heritage Parkwhere throughout the year, free guided tours through Dover's historic district begin at the John Bell House. For a family-friendly activity, go to a farm outing at Fifer Orchardsa family-run Delaware farm for 100 years, offering everything from berry picking in the late spring and early summer months to apple picking, tractor rides, and fall festivals later in the year.

Interested in Kent County, DE? From fair real estate in amazing towns in Kent County to a top-rated school district with a bundle of schools to choose from, Kent County truly has it all. Though Delaware is small in size, Kent County is the largest county of the three and offers an abundance of outdoor recreation. Explore the best of Kent County.

Contact Your Delaware Realtor.

Post a Comment